When was the last time you had your carpets professionally cleaned? If it’s been longer than six to twelve months, consider a fall carpet cleaning. Fall is an ideal season to prevent irreversible carpet damage. Mud, rain and debris like leaves and twigs are just waiting to be tracked in. Take advantage of your family’s back to school routine and give your carpets the care they need. After a session with our highly trained technicians based in Central New Jersey, your carpets will be ready to make an appearance at all of your upcoming holiday events.
Cool and rainy weather outside is a recipe for a carpet disaster. Extra moisture can sit on carpets, not having the ability to dry because of the lack of sun and warmth. Where there is stagnant moisture, mold is sure to follow. Not only is this unappealing, it can be dangerous to your health. Usually, the amount of time spent inside your home increases as the weather worsens. The added foot traffic from your own extra time at home, let alone holiday guests, can highly impact the quality of your carpets. Consider the following damage prevention tips to ensure your carpet looks great and lasts for years to come.
- Encourage use of doormats in front of all entrances. Make sure they are a few strides long to catch the extra dirt.
- Place shoe racks and a durable throw rug in the entranceway or mud room of your home. A no shoe policy is also highly recommended.
- Pre-treat spots and stains with a gentle cleaning solution. Pat the solution until thoroughly dry. Excess rubbing can ruin the texture of your carpet.
- Keep a lint free rag, carpet brush and gentle cleaning solution on hand for your quick spot treatment needs. The lint free rag is great for gently removing stains. The carpet brush can put the carpet back into place after a stain is removed.
- Vacuum slowly and often to make sure all dirt and debris are lifted out of your carpets. The longer dirt sits in your carpets the harder it will be to keep them looking fresh and new.
- Don’t forget about your four-legged family members. Wipe down your pet’s paws and fur after every outing.
- Inspect your carpet every six to twelve months to see if your carpets are harboring any unwanted debris. If you find dirt buildup, moisture or stains, it’s time for a professional carpet cleaning.
If you decide it’s time for a fall professional carpet cleaning, you can expect our trained technicians to arrive on time and ready to start the carpet cleaning process. First, we’ll identify high traffic areas and stains, paying close attention to detail. Then, we’ll remove dirt and debris using a hot water extraction process. Each type of carpet has unique cleaning requirements. We have the experience and tools to follow proper cleaning procedures that won’t void your warranty. Contact ServiceMaster Cleaning and Restoration Services to request a quote for professional carpet cleaning services in Central New Jersey.