Heavy storms can occur several times a year in Middlesex County, New Jersey. When you property suffers from water damages, there are a few actions you can take to help minimize damages and avoid losses while you are waiting for the water damage restoration experts to arrive and provide repairs and restoration services.
What You Can Do When Facing Water Damages
- Use fans to circulate the air and dry wet materials.
- Mop and blot to absorb as much water as possible.
- Wipe down wood portions of furniture to avoid absorption and swelling.
- Hang dry wet draperies on the drapery rod.
- Dry furniture cushions evenly by placing them upright.
- If weather permits, open all doors and windows to allow the air to circulate to remove moisture and dry wet materials.
- Remove wet area rugs and other floor coverings.
- Remove any valuables sitting in water to a safe, dry location.
- If possible, use a sump pump or wet-vacuum to extract standing water from the area.
For high quality water damage restoration in Middlesex County, New Jersey, you can rely on ServiceMaster Cleaning & Restoration Services. We’re the experts you can trust to restore your property back to its pre-loss condition. When you have a water damage emergency, our lines are open 24/7. So contact us today for assistance with all forms of water damage, we can handle situations of all sizes.